Does weight training lead to a bulky physique? In short, no. Weight training is a great way to create a slender yet strong physique while burning loads of calories. Here are a few safety tips to keep in mind as you begin to work with weights:
1. Always maintain proper form (you can easily learn proper form during a private session).
2. Rather opt for more reps and lighter weights to prevent injuries.
3. Try not to lock your joints, keeping a slight bend in the knees or elbows.
4. Don’t skip rest days. Cardio is a great option for the day following intense weight training.
5. Remember to breathe. Breath out slowly as you lift, and breathe in slowly as you release.
6. If a particular exercise causes a sharp, shooting pain, stop immediately.
Need extra guidance? Book a personal training session with Gym Rocket now.